06 Feb 5 Tips to Cope With Multiple Social Media Accounts
Social media never sleeps. Especially across timezones.
Here are some tips.
1. Daily goals and a task check list
Instead of setting annual goals, for 2012, I make daily goals of tasks to complete. I think with the workload visually represented, it helps to prioritise. I’ve hit many near burnouts with the ever increasing workload, so this really helps put things in perspective.
2. Have an update calendar 3-4 times a week regular posting
3. It’s live and it’s immediate but no one is going to die if you don’t answer that tweet within 12 hours, sometimes you just have to let it go.
4. It helps to sometimes disconnect for an entire weekend. Ignore the blackberry beeps, phonecalls and complains on social media channels, unless very grave.
5. Again, prioritise and don’t forget to live a life outside of work! That really makes a big difference before you plunge yourself into total misery.
I love multitasking and now that I’m a little more organised, I get to spend more me time, to eat, to blog, to keep writing. A new website and blog is also in the works, as a side personal project.
I think the best and most effective way to manage everything at once is really having a daily task list to tick off. It has worked alot better for me.