Image via here
I think new year resolutions are overrated and usually almost impossible to achieve 100%, I made about 80% of 2011′s goals which was pretty good.
I read a quote on facebook two days ago about setting less daunting daily goals instead of year long ones—it makes them much more achievable and because I was encouraged by my friends at Fidgety Fingers to do a list for my day to day, here it is, somewhat inspired by their list!
“Forget about those New Year’s resolutions in which you decide on the first day of January how you will be conducting your life for the next twelve months. Instead, set up day-to-day goals for yourself, and then resolve to begin living with present moment awareness for the rest of your life. When you get good at living your present moments one day at a time, you’ll see yourself changing right before your own surprised eyes. Remember, anyone can do anything for just one day, so tune out the sentences that keep you locked into your old self-defeating ways and begin to enjoy each day of your bright new year. What are some things you’ve wanted to do for yourself, one day at a time?”
1. To eat healthier, exercise more and drink less alcohol
2. To multitask less and not spread myself too thin in danger of burnouts. Be more efficient, work smarter and have more ME-time.
3. To cut down on regular gourmet splurges
4. To learn how to save money to finally own a place in the near future
5. To try be more tidy and clean up as well as organise more often. It’s good for fengshui, I should.
6. To be more regular at reiki and meditation class
7. To complete my DELF B1 exams
8. To make an effort to dress better and take more pride on clothing choices.
9. To take part in the annual company dragon boating this year
10. To update/revamp my website and keep the blog as up to date as possible
11. To spend more time keeping in touch with life long supportive friends who have stood by me and see them as often as I can
12. To travel and create new adventures and make good use of recreational time, staying off illuminated screens for work while on vacation.
13. To attempt a half marathon I didn’t manage to in 2011
14. To be super awesome at what I do for a living…and pace myself to avoid exhaustion.
15. To spend more time with Smudge